INSULATING VAPOR BARRIER FOR WALLS AND CEILINGS
- R4 added (the R value includes the AYR-FOIL™ A1V and the adjacent air space) to walls and ceilings
- Very durable vapor barrier that increases the long term efficiency of the fibrous insulation
- Prevents air infiltration
- Make sure the fiberglass is perfectly placed between the studs.
- Place the AYR-FOIL™ A1V vapor barrier with the white side against the fiberglass (aluminum side in) and staple it to the studs (every 16” c/c). Do not overlap the material.
- Seal the seams with AYR-FOIL™ aluminum tape.
- Same installation as for the walls. You can install AYR-FOIL™ Vapor Barrier and the strapping first.
AYR-FOIL™ can support the attic insulation. Just install the fibrous insulation over the
AYR-FOIL™, between the rafters.